CUYABENO 5 DAYS
DAY 1. LAGO AGRIO – CUYABENO
- You can take a flight or travel on a public or private bus (travel the night before the tour – 8 hours before) to Lago Agrio.
- The tour begins at 9:30 a.m. Our guide will pass by you at the meeting point of Hotel D` Mario.
- From Lago Agrio we will take our private land transport to the Cuyabeno Bridge.
- We will travel by canoe along the Cuyabeno River approximately 2 hours to reach the lodge.
- We will have the designation of the room and then lunch in the Lodge.
- We visit the Laguna Grande to swim and enjoy the spectacular sunset. We returned to our Lodge for dinner.
- We will make a nocturnal walk in the middle of the jungle that will fill us with several emotions and we will observe several species of the place.
DAY 2. HIKING DAY:
- In the morning we will take our breakfast.
- We will start our return to take our lunch at the Lodge.
- Then we will make a three-hour trek in the primary forest to learn about flora and fauna, especially to know medicinal plants, frogs, insects, birds, etc.
- We will have time to relax, in the afternoon we will paddle in a traditional canoe in the lagoons or rivers that we have to explore and enjoy the unique beauty of nature.
- You can swim and enjoy the sunset.
If conditions permit, you may be able to see pink dolphins.
- We will return to the lodge to have our dinner.
DAY 3. COMMUNITY DAY:
- Early in the morning we will take our breakfast.
- We will visit the Siona Tarapuy Community.
- They will welcome us with traditional dishes from the community.
- We will learn how to harvest cassava and then prepare traditional Casabe bread.
- The naturalist guide will explain about the culture and traditions of the native peoples. We will share the lunch with the community.
- Afterwards we will visit the Shaman, who will explain to you about the ancestral and millenary ceremonies of the jungle.
- Go back to the lodge to have our delicious dinner.
We will make an overnight canoe expedition in search of alligators.
DAY 4. CANOA:
- We will have breakfast in the morning.
- Then we will go paddling in a traditional canoe in the lagoons or rivers of the place.
- We will explore and enjoy the uniqueness of nature.
- Looking for monkeys and birds. We return to the lodge to serve our lunch.
- We will have time to relax and observe the pink dolphins from the observation tower located at the quay of the Cuyabeno river.
- We will visit the Laguna Grande to swim and enjoy the beautiful sunset.
- We return to the lodge and have our dinner.
DAY 5. CUYABENO – LAGO AGRIO:
- Early in the morning we will have bird watching.
- Then we will have our breakfast. Time to ready our bags and return to the Cuyabeno Bridge.
- We navigate the Cuyabeno River back to El Puente.
- We will receive our Box Lunch and we will take our transfer to Lago Agrio. End of the Tour