COTOPAXI DAY TOUR – BIKE AND HIKE
Cotopaxi National Park is a place you must visit if it is your first time in Ecuador. It is one of the highest active volcanoes in the world, besides its cone shape is a symbol of beauty and admiration for its visitors. On this tour you will be able to observe its landscapes that are truly worthy of admiration.
Once inside the National Park, we walk towards the shelter that is at 4897 m, here we will rest a bit to recharge our energy. Once this is done, we will walk a bit more until we reach the glaciers, at a total altitude of 5000 m. On the way back to the parking lot, we will take our bikes to make the descent to the Limpiopungo Lagoon. (It is an optional activity)
Once in Limpiopungo Lagoon, if the weather permits, we can see a beautiful postcard of Cotopaxi. After visiting the Lagoon, we will take the bus to restaurant, where we will have our well-deserved lunch. After a day full of adventures, we will take a break and return to Quito.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE COTOPAXI
- Warm clothing and Warm socks
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Comfortable shoes for hiking & biking
- Scarf – Gloves and Hat – Camera – Sunscreen
- Sunglasses, Refillable water bottle and Snacks
Schedule – Itinerary
- 07:00 Leave from Magic Bean Restaurant (Mariscal Foch and Juan León Mera)
- 07:15 Leave from Plaza San Blas (Caldas E1-83 y Ríos)
- 08:00 Breakfast at Machachi – Chaupi
- 09:10 Visit Cotopaxi National Park.
- 09:50 Arrive at the parking lot at 4600 m and start of the hike
- 11:00 Visit at Refuge at 4800 m. Hot drinks optional (not included)
- 11:30 Visit at Glacier at 5000 m.
- 12:50 Let’s start mountain biking – downhill from the parking lot
- 14:00 Visit at Limpiopungo lake viewpoint
- 15:00 Lunch at Machachi – Chaupi
- 17:30 Arrive at Quito
- Shared tour: Transportation from Quito – Cotopaxi – Quito
- Professional and Bilingual Guide
- Breakfast – Lunch – Bike and helmet.
Private tour: Private Transportation from Hotel – Cotopaxi – Hotel
- Professional and bilingual guide
- Snacks and personal expenses.
- Items not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for Guide
Private tour: Does not included breakfast
- Personal expenses
DEPARTURE DAYS: This tour is available every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (Shared tour)
PRIVATE TOUR: 1 PERSON $240 – 2 PEOPLE $120 – 3 PEOPLE $115 (PRICES PER PERSON AND ANY DAY)
Minimum to reserve in shared tour: 1 person
Price per person: $55
Enjoy the best day tour with us. Quilotoa is the most beautiful volcan lagoon that you can meet in Ecuador. We descend to the lagoon so you can enjoy activities such as horseback riding and kayaking. Want to know more? Click in the image