CORAZON VOLCANO HIKE
Corazon (4788 m. / 15.709 ft.) is an extinct volcano located south of Quito, in the western Andes Mountain rage. It has variety views at the eastern slope you will see fertile farmlands and cultivations fields, the western slope offers views of the Cloud Forest. Corazon is named like this due to its shape viewed from the western side. Trekking Corazon is perfect for a first approach to altitude & acclimatization.
The trekking takes around 6 hours to reach the summit. It is important to be prepared for this kind of altitude so our recommendation is to be acclimatized around an altitude of 3000m at least two days.
The weather of this area is very unpredictable, reason of why you must be prepared with warm clothing.
- Physical Level: Average
- Technical Level :Low-Average
- Maximum Elevation: 4788 m. / 15.709 ft.
- Minimum Elevation: 3.100 m / 10.170 ft
- Terrain: Medium grass prairie, rock
- Warm Clothing
- Hiking Shoes
- Waterproof Jacket
- Sun Cream
- Cotton Pants
- Walking Sticks (OPTIONAL)
- Pick up at 07:00 am
- Travel to Corazon volcano
- Short briefing (climate conditions / equipment explanation / height conditions)
- Begin ascent
- Reach summit
- Return to Quito
- Transportation from
- Quito to Pasochoa and way back
- Bilingual Guide
- Box Lunch
- Park entrance fee (5 USD)
- Nothing that is not specified in this itinerary