CHIMBORAZO DAY TOUR – BIKE AND HIKE
The Volcano is located in the province of Chimborazo in the wildlife production reserve that bears his name.
Beautiful and imposing is the Chimborazo, is considered the highest mountain in Ecuador and the closest to the sun, with dreamy landscapes that invites us to dream higher with just a glance, we will venture to explore with our professional guide the trails of imposing volcano.
The altitude of its summit is 6310 meters above sea level, a nice challenge for mountaineering lovers, however in our tour we can explore and enjoy up to 5100 meters where it keeps a mystical lagoon named Condor Cocha next to its summit, without forgetting that we will find flora of páramo and fauna of the area as the vicuña a species of camelid. After this we will descend to begin our adventure around this beautiful and imposing volcano by bicycle.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE CHIMBORAZO BIKE
- Warm clothing and Warm socks
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Comfortable shoes for hiking & biking
- Scarf – Gloves and Hat – Camera – Sunscreen
- Sunglasses, Refillable water bottle and Snacks
Schedule – Itinerary
- 08:00 Leave from Palomino Flores Park (Vicente Rocafuerte and Thomás Halflants)
- 9:45 Leave from the Riobamba Terminal Bus Station
- 10:45 Arrive at the Chimborazo wildlife production reserve and stop to take photos
- 11:15 Arrive at the first refuge, the Hermanos Carriel, at 4,850 m
- 11:40 Hike up to the second refuge for 45 to 60 min: the Whymper, at 5,000 m
- 11:55 Small rest and walk towards the Condor Cocha Lagoon, at 5,100 m
- 12:30 Walk back to the first refuge
- 13:00 Explanation, descent by bicycle (downhill): take between 60 to 90 min
- 15:00 Lunch
- 17:30 Arrive at Baños
- Shared tour: Transportation from Baños – Riobamba – Chimborazo – Riobamba – Baños
- Professional and Bilingual Guide
- Bike and helmet
- Snacks and personal expenses.
- Items not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for Guide
DEPARTURE DAYS: This tour is available every Wednesday and Sunday. (Shared tour)
Minimum to reserve in shared tour: 1 person
Price per person: $65
Enjoy the best day tour with us. Cotopaxi is the second highest volcano you can meet in Ecuador. We go up to 5000 m where the Glaciers are located, we also descend by bicycle from the parking lot of the volcano to the Limpiopungo Lagoon You want to know more? Click on the image